NZ13 - Catch up

I'm still clearly struggling to get my blogs out whilst working, partying, working more and drinking some more (naughty, naughty Sav and work delivery deadlines!) this one has been waiting for a while to go up, and there's more outstanding pictures of adventures on my iPhone! I have been incredibly disorganised in my personal life and my proper camera just hasn't made it out, but never mind! On with the blog! (Be warned, if you're hungry, there are lots of pictures of food!)

Maupuia Walkway - This is up near the wellington Prison. We went for a stroll up there with the dogs, one cloudy Saturday a few weeks ago. 



Spin spuds!! These exist in a restaurant called The Diner in Wellington centre, I had to try them!! Sadly not the best meal I've had since I've been here. I went with Marcus and Nick on a Sunday shopping and gallery trip. The best thing really was the spin spuds. Everything else we ate was a tad disappointing! 






We went to an Athfield exhibition at The City Gallery. He's a famous NZ Architect. You can read more here. This is Nick and Marcus outside the gallery.


Sunbathing with a coffee afterwards, watching the boats and pedalos. Bliss!


This is my favourite restaurant of late. It's in Miramar at the bottom of the road to my work (above the Cutting Pub) and is Thai. You can BYOB, it's a bargain, and there's always enough to take home for dinner the next day. 


Pad thai, comes covered with an egg. Delish!


The next weekend, on a rainy Saturday, I was taken on a trip to Petone. We picked a special restaurant for brunch on this occasion, it was a treat! Gusto Bistro can be found on the main street of Petone, Jackson St and serves the most amazing dishes. We were in there for a good 2 hours watching the storm outside. 


The lovely Rachelle and and her daughter Monique. 


The ultimate brunch food. Poached egg, avocado and bacon on toasted home-made bread. I had this with gallons of tea in a pot and then some wine!


Dessert for me was a poached pear, and intense chocolate mousse and a brownie. I really can't recommend this place enough! 


This was Rach's fancy dessert. I can't remember what it was, but look at how pretty! 


Then we ventured outside into the horrible weather to look around the shops. Loads of thrift stores, arty shops, little galleries, a gorgeous candle shop..... 


The old police station and jail, dating back to 1908. Everything is very cute in Jackson Street!


And dog walking Sunday. A stunning but windy day on Lyall Bay beach with Libby the pug, watching hot kite surfers! What could be better?! 


Until Next time! 
XXX

Comments

Popular Posts