A trip to Somerset part 1

For the Bank Holiday weekend, Mark and I went down to Somerset to complete some long hikes and attempt to eat healthily. Well I totally failed at it on the first night with wine, but what I consumed food wise wasn't too bad. And hey, I needed something after walking miles and miles through countryside, my bones were aching, still are in fact as I've continued to push myself on the exercise front.

We managed to secure a mobile home on a campsite. Our original plan had been to camp and save money, but alas, the weather gods weren't going to allow that, so we were sensible and got a lovely old Willerby mobile home on a campsite called Bowden's Crest.


This was the view by the front gate to get our keys. The perfect spot to sit with a beer and watch the sunset.

Isn't it amazing?

 The mobile homes were spread out on a beautifully manicured lawn and it was a really calm and quiet atmosphere. Not somewhere to holiday if you're a party animal!
This is a rather bad grainy photo of the back of the campsite pub. But it looked so warm and inviting with it's coloured lights.
On a little evening stroll there was a field full of cute little bunnies. This was the best photo I got. 
We got up early the next morning for a walk and headed down into the village. Langport isn't very big, but it's charming and sweet and the little houses, shops and thatched cottages are perfectly groomed and lovely to look at.




I know this photo of an abandoned building below is ugly, but we stumbled upon it during our walk. I kind of see it as a building of hope, because it's actually an old battery chicken farm which has closed down.  I like to think it's made way for all of the free range happy chickens which we now eat more of as a nation.


Here are a couple more sunsets from the evening. More Somerset photos tomorrow.

XXX

Comments

Popular Posts