5 joys number 7



1) Oh dad, mum's gonna get jealous as you're starring at the top again! But we did it! We bought my scooter! Another fun day on Sunday out on the bikes all afternoon and the rain even held off until we go home and then it started again!

2) Miranda's little sister Louisa got engaged to Steve and we had the party last Saturday. I like nothing better than yummy cakes, sandwiches and tea so this was a good little party. Congratulations to the happy couple!

3) I still can't find the words to describe what Amber Riley's vocals did to my senses on Saturday night when we went to see Dreamgirls. My friend Lesley described it really well on my Facebook. "I felt as though I'd been punched in my solar plexus & was pinned to my seat. Quite stunning." The show was such a drama to get to on time after the engagement party but we arrived at the theatre on time, and from the second the curtains were up and she opened her mouth to sing, I tingled and it didn't stop the whole way through. There were tears from the man next to us and at the interval Miranda and I had to go outside for some fresh air. We just stood in silence not knowing what to say to each other. I'll remember it forever and would see it again in a heartbeat.

4) I got a full length mirror. This may not seem like a big joy to anyone else but for me it is, I moved into my flat on the 26th of November last year and have been trying to work out what my outfits look like from a reflection in some warped door window glass.... basically I couldn't get dressed into anything other than jeans and a T-shirt because I was scared I'd look like a freak!

5) Drinks with the work team on Friday were lovely. Got a couple of new people started and taking them out for a pint and a little bond after work on a Friday is such a lovely way to get to know each other.


Comments

Popular Posts