5 joys number 5


1) I cooked the first roast since I've been in the new flat. Chicken, stuffing, potatoes, cauliflower cheese, triple chocolate trifle from Tesco with Raspberries for dessert... I'm not saying it was all made from scratch, there was a little pre-bought cheating but I'm not claiming to be Martha Stewart!
It started with a lovely dog walk, which ended in the local pub with a pint. Then we headed to mine and cooked. I honestly can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday, Ali and I killed it and the roast was perfectly timed and everything... high fives all round!

2) My friend who has been ill for years, it's one of those you have for life, finally got a diagnosis. No details because it's her private life but it was a big sigh of relief to finally know.

3) I went to my first work "networking event" on my own without another friend or colleague, by choice! And I enjoyed it! Everyone gets nervous about these things right? And it's a good feeling when you make a few friends over a glass of wine and leave feeling like you might have met some new friends.

4) Money for Nothing on BBC one is my new discovery. I can't wait for the new series, it's hugely inspiring for me and has put me right in the spirit of being creative. I have a lot of project ideas on the go.

5) The Halcyon - I couldn't be prouder. Those who know me well will also know that I don't often make a point of watching the programmes I've produced on, but I love it! It makes me so proud to have been a part of the process of making it. Also the soundtrack is brill and has new songs from Jamie Callum and Beverly Knight. Seriously, if you haven't watched it yet, catch up on ITV player and get in with the rest of the UK, everyone's talking about it!

http://www.lexhag.co.uk/portfolio/the-halcyon-2/

PS all photos were stolen from google this week. I did not take a photo of my chicken, I just wanted to decorate the post!

Comments

Popular Posts