Mum's 70th!

I started decorating the night before. This bunting was just brill, I bought 20m from Amazon and the quality for the price was great. 


Things came together slowly, the idea was to make a country garden style atmosphere for an afternoon tea.


By 3pm we were set up and had a little sit down with a pimms to congratulate ourselves on all the decoration and food prep. (I just want to take this opportunity to thank Miranda and Ali who were absolute stars throughout and helped me do everything!)

People started to arrive and I really wish I had taken more photos but I was busy making food and serving drinks!

It was such a gorgeous sunny day that the Golf umbrellas had to come out for extra shade. We were so lucky!

And here is the cake. The expensive cake which forced me to drive to work on Friday, spend more money parking in a car park, and get help carrying it to my car and home as it was so heavy, and I'm not weak!  

Well it made it in one piece and it was so delicious and went down really well with mum. Her favourite kind of cake too. 





This one above is a bit blurry but I didn't get enough photos really and I wanted to put them all up! 










I've know Joan and John since I was born. How cute is this slightly OOF photo of him feeding her?



And then it got cuter still as Valerie fed Rob (My adopted grandparents, and Val has been quite ill lately so it was great to have her over that day)

There seems to be a big gap between my photos. I know a few other people took some. But then it was night time, and all of a sudden, there were just a few of us left, sat round candles drinking the mounds of alcohol we had left and binging on cake and barbecue bits!





So Mama. Happy Birthday. I hope you had the best day and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I love you lots.

XXX

Comments

Popular Posts