Light show on Wellington Waterfront - LUX

On Friday night some friends and I went down to Wellington waterfront to look at the light displays and sculptures which were on for a couple of weeks only, LUX. We were very lucky it was a mild evening, (the weather here has actually been lovely for 4 or 5 days now) and we were going to get food from the trucks down there too, but the queues were huge and some stalls had a wait of an hour!

So we carried on looking at the lights and figured we'd eat afterwards.

Now it wasn't as good as the light show at the Botanic Gardens, but nonetheless, it was a free one and a rather lovely way to spend a mild evening in Wellington.

Everyone knows my night photography is crap, so this was the perfect opportunity to practise. Some were very out of focus and blurred, some were ok! I've picked the best, but I'm still trying!

On with the photos. My establishing and very out of focus shot, but the only one I have of the bridge being all colourful! Just squint and pretend it's clear.






 ^^ These ones played with sound as you pulled a string and made the tops move. I like the sound ones! ^^


^^ The lighthouse slide in Frank Kitts Park ^^

 ^^ These two are hard to explain, and they look crap, but they were amazing, and almost impossible to get photos of because of the crowds. There was a mist of sea water being blown up and the projections were cast into the mist. Very cool, ^^

 ^^ Some new art was up behind the Opera House and the lighting was put up with it, so this was a gorgeous walk through and great for photos! ^^








 ^^ The above 3 and the one below are all in Leeds St where Wellington Chocolate Factory and Goldings are. I wish I had gotten a better photo for the one below, because I love those old apartments. They have so much character. ^^



XXX












Comments

Popular Posts