Avocado Egg boats

My friend Sian posted some baked avocados with egg in the other day on Facebook and said they reminded her of me. So I had a quiet lazy day at home out of the rain yesterday, and I made them and blogged it.

Now it's controversial, because so many people said "Eurgh, baked avocado? Yuck!" Those people are silly and should try it my way. It was so delicious.

It's really easy. My grill is in my oven, so I started with grilling my bacon before I prepped everything else. Then I preheated the oven. You will need this below.


Halve your avocado and dig out a bit more of a hole where the stone goes to ensure that the whole egg fits, mine overflowed a bit so I lost some egg white. 

Crack in your egg. 


Put in the oven to bake at around 180ยบ and just keep an eye on it to go white. About half way through when it's just nearly cooked, remove, sprinkle the chives and bacon round the edge and finish under the grill so that the bacon warms back up too. (I also baked my croissant with the avocado because it was all I had in the freezer to go with the meal) 


 I like a lot of chives and I think it goes really well, so I recommend this amount. If you don't like them, then don't! :) 
 Serve up with home baked croissant and some baby tomatoes. 
 Put a bit of everything on the fork, and gasp at the deliciousness. 
XXX

Comments

Popular Posts