My Birthday

I have hit the big 30. It is my birthday today! 

On Saturday, more than 20 of us went out for dinner and cocktails in London Town, starting at our Friend Nima's Restaurant, Forty Dean Street. He arranged the perfect set menu for me and accommodated the rabble really well! I can't recommend his restaurant any more. It's just on Dean Street where Zilli's was and the perfect setting for a party, romantic meal or pre-theatre dinner. 

 We started out civilised. 
 The best party outfits were worn, obviously. 
The menu was perfect and I couldn't fault the food which Nima chose for me and everyone loved it! 
Parma ham, feta cheese, baked figs and honey. 
Crab, avocado and mango salad. 
Crunchy deep fried squid, my favourite! 
For the mains, we seemed to have to majority favourites, the above Chicken, asparagus and saffron risotto...
And this above which I had, Grilled chicken with crushed potatoes and beans with a passion fruit sauce. Seriously delicious! 
Also a really popular choice, the Tagliatelle with sun dried tomatoes, broccoli and goats cheese. 
Kathryn tucking in above! 
After this, we moved onto Be At One Bar, in Great Windmill Street, Soho. It had happy hour on cocktails and they made it pretty easy to book an area for a big group. More friends started to turn up in dribs and drabs. It was an amazing turn out, and I just wish I'd had more time to spend with everyone individually. 









Unsurprisingly, we never made it to a club. Instead we all piled on the Metropolitan line for the last trains, had a mini photo shoot and probably terrorised the passengers, and back to my friend Ali's house to continue partying. It was heavy......


....and then yesterday the hangovers were intense. We spent most of the day eating, watching Winnie the Pooh and Come Dine With Me, and generally giggling about the night before! 

Sorry Sian! :)

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of my family and friends again for an incredible birthday and send off. Today it's my actual birthday, and sadly I have spent most of it so far packing for my flight back tomorrow. :( what a horrid come-down after an amazing weekend! 

XXX

Comments

Popular Posts